Wednesday 2 October 2013

My Face

I've decided to do a quick post with a few things I've enjoyed slapping on my mug lately. I'm terrible for sticking to the same old makeup routine, but I noticed recently that I was still using my "better wear 14 layers of makeup to hide all my blemishes" materials, when actually... my skin had cleared up pretty well. So I decided, after being on holiday, that I would tone it down a bit and try let some of these pesky little freckles show through, and these are some of my new favourite products!
So first up is Georgia sporting the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation. They've had many a variation of Stay Matte before but I'd never really rated them. This however, is a mousse consistency - which seems to agree with my skin more than liquid foundations do. 
  •  This foundation goes a long way - so don't be startled by the size of the tube like I was. I've been using it for two weeks now and it doesn't feel like it's getting any emptier!
  • The texture is so soft on your face, and it gives an even medium coverage that can easily be built up without 'caking on'. 
  • This stuff has staying power. Take it from the girl who used to battle the daily 3 o'clock oil slide when my makeup had decided it was done with my slippery face and headed for greener pastures on my neck. Not only that, it pretty much held its own all day when I was on holiday and the sun was out. 
Next is the Kiko Like Latex Lipstick. I hadn't really heard much of Kiko but their products are pretty reasonably priced so I figured I'd give it a go. And I'm glad I did!
  • Don't be put off by the condom sounding name and the condom looking box. Look past that, and everything will be fine.
  • There are a few colours to choose from, but I went for a really deep plum colour which I love.
  • When wearing a dark colour on my lips I would usually slap on some Lipcote over the top to seal the colour but with Kiko, there's just no need. 
  • Some lipsticks can dry out your lips after they've been on for a while (does anyone else find themselves biting their lips more with lippy on?) but not this guy! I guess that's where the whole latex thing comes from but, again, imagine their not comparing it to rubbing a condom on your mouth.
As you may have read in my last post, it wasn't particularly sunny on holiday last week, but I had already thought of that...
  • Holiday Skin is one of the only 'No Streaks' products I have used which genuinely have no streaks every time.
  • I wasn't keen on the smell at first, but once it has dried in you hardly notice it.
  • It comes in a few different shades, so that the colour will still remain natural as you build it up.
  • They also do a Face Moisturiser version -  it's in a much smaller bottle, meaning you can take with you on holiday and sneakily apply to face and body after a shower to give the illusion of a natural tan without your boyfriend spotting it. Thus leading to him admiring how well your tan turned out despite some bad weather when you return home...Ahem.
Finally, this is the Caudalie Divine Oil. I orginially got this in a Glossybox last year and wasn't entirely sure what I was supposed to do with it. It claims on the bottle you can use it on face, body and hair, but my face was feeling particularly thirsty at the time so I decided to commit to the face.
  • It smells amazing - I can't for the life of me remember what kind of lotions and potions are in it, but trust me - it's good.
  • For someone who has quite oily skin, I was apprehensive about using an oil on my face. But this product soaks in almost immediately and leaves your face soft as a baby's behind.
  • It lasts a long time. I have been using the sample size on and off for a year now and I have only just run out. At £18.00 a bottle it might seem a little pricey, but it's definitely on my list of things to buy next pay day (who needs to eat anyway?).

So that's it - a beauty ramble and a half! I promise they won't happen too often... the makeup routine has just recently changed so you're safe now for a good 5/6 years.

x




No comments:

Post a Comment